GOODS/HST TRANSIENT SEARCH

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 07:28:04 PDT

    Hi,
    the recent discoveries of the optical transients with GOODS/ACS are
    now posted in the web,
    http://www.stsci.edu/ftp/science/goods/transients.html.
    All the objects were found in the Chandra Deep Field South (-28 deg)

    In fact, I had run SNOC (the Stockholm Monte-Carlo) and my prediction
    was that expected number of SNe in their Z-band search would be 3.2 Ia's
    and 3.5 CC's. It seems to make a decent match to the 6 transients
    they report.

    Ariel

    Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
    FYSIKUM, Stockholm University
    Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy & Biotechnology
    tel: +46 8 55378659