Berkeley computer downtime on Saturday

From: Alex Conley (aconley@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 10:44:56 PDT

Dear All,

  This Saturday there will be a power interruption to building 50B.
Unfortunately, this includes the room containing our servers. As a
result, all of the desktop computers in Berkeley will be non-functional,
as the users home directories will not be accessible.

  This does not affect the power in the INPA common room, where we will
be presumably be meeting.

  The power shutoff is scheduled to begin at 7:00 am and be over before
10:00 am. During this time many of us will not be able to recieve email,
etc.

  We will probably shut everything in 50B down on Friday night. Don't
expect anybody to be able to do work or recieve email during this period.

  Normally this would only go out to SCP Berkeley, but since so many of
you are in town this weekend, I thought I should send it out to deepnews.

Alex