Preliminary Agenda for SCP Collaboration meeting

From: Tony Spadafora (ALSpadafora@lbl.gov)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 19:29:06 PDT

SCP Collaborators:

Below is a preliminary agenda for the SCP collaboration meeting next
week.
Further below is a list of the non-Berkeley attendee's and their
arrival/departure dates.
(Formatted pdf versions are attached.)

Remote participants:
* Pierre and Kyan will join from Paris by video and we've proposed a
time on Friday morning Berkeley/Friday evening Paris - please confirm
this time is OK.
* Mamoru's schedule does not permit him to arrive before Sat evening, so
we are proposing a video link with Tokyo Fri afternoon Berkeley/Sat
morning Japan - please confirm this is OK.
* Isobel Hook will join by phone from Hawaii when possible.

Speakers: For those I haven't spoken with, please confirm the talk listed.
Unless indicated otherwise, talks are 15 minutes, including questions.
If there are suggestions for other talks or items for discussion, please
let me know.

We will set up a web page for the meeting. Speakers should send me your
slides or related notes by Wed Jul 10 and I'll post them. This is
especially helpful for video participants.

Fri and Sat sessions will be in Perservance Hall (attached to LBL
cafeteria) but we may have to move elsewhere for video - this will be in
a revised agenda.

-Tony Spadafora

Preliminary Agenda for SCP Collaboration Meeting
July 11- 13, 2002
LBNL

Thurs July 11: Working Groups (room TDB)
1:00 – 2:30 Working group discussion of calibration of color, spectral
time series template (P.Nugent,
R.Knop, A. Goobar, et al.)
2:30 – 2:45 Break
2:45 - 6:00 Spectroscopy working group (I. Hook will join by phone)

Fri July 12: Plenary Session (Perservance Hall-near Cafeteria. Video
sessions may be elsewhere.)
8:30 - 10:30 : Video connection with Paris group (P.Astier, K.Schmaneche
in Paris)

What have we learned from Spring 02 search? (1 hr)
* CFHT rolling search: results, comparison to simulation, prospects;
proposed IAU circular (J. Raux)
* CTIO search: results, proposed IAU circular (R. Knop)
* ESI Spectroscopy (G. Sainton)
* VLT Spectroscopy (C. Lidman)
* What has been done, what needs to be done regarding final refs? (C.
Lidman)

Brief Overview of SCP Plan for coming year – to stimulate thinking for
later sessions (1 hr)
* Status of various SN projects and Overview of SCP options (S.
Perlmutter)
* CFHTLS plans (R. Pain)
* Discussion

10:30 – 10:45 break

10:45 – 11: 05 Report from Spectroscopy working group (A. Howell)

11:05 – 12:00 Analyses in progress (part I)
* Host Galaxy morphology study (M. Sullivan)
* Light curves for “orphans” (97-98 non-HST SNe) (R. Ortman)
* 11 HST SNe paper results(R. Knop)

12:00 - 1:00: Lunch

1:00 - 4:00 Analyses in progress ( part II)
* High S/N spectroscopy of z=0.5 SNe: Beethoven & Bruch (G. Garavini
* Restframe I-band (obs J-band) lightcurve of Beethoven: tests for
brightness evolution & intergalactic dust (S. Nobili)
* Lightcurve of Loiret/Boccherini/2001gn (J. Raux)
* NICMOS photometry results: what it implies for extinction and grey
dust. (S. Burns)
* Color Magnitude Intercept Calibration [CMagic] (G. Goldhaber)
* SN Color Analyses techniques (L. Wang)
* Intrinsic colors nearby of Type Ia SNe ( study done on the Riess et al
22 low-z SNe) (S. Nobili )
* Host galaxy study (G. Aldering )
* Discussion

4:00-4:30 break

4:30p - 6:30p video link w/Tokyo group (Sat 8:30a - 10:30a JST) audio
link Hawaii ( 2:30- 4:30 HST)
* Results from SDSS and SDF searches, proposed IAU circular (N. Yasuda)
* HST/ACS followup (V. Prasad)
* Lessons learned from spring subtractions; implications for Fall 2002B
(M. Wood-Vasey)
* Plan for Fall 2002B SXDF search (M. Doi)
* Strategies for future searches and estimates of cosmological
parameters (R. Amanullah )

7:30 Dinner at restaurant

Sat July 13: Plenary Session (Perservance hall)

9:00 -11:00 Low-z 1999 campaign: analyses
* Calibration, photometry (N. Regnault)
* Host galaxy spectra (A. Conley)
* Status of the low-z spectra and reduction method (G. Folatelli)
* Statistical spectroscopic analysis of the low-z 99' spectra (G. Folatelli)
* Detailed spectroscopic study of SN99aa,SN99ac and SN99aw (G. Garavini)
* Plan for publications (discussion led by G. Aldering, A. Goobar)

11:00 – 11:15 break

11:15 – 12:00
* SCP Analyses in progress; publication plan (discussion led by A.
Spadafora)
* Streamlining steps from images and spectra to publications (discussion)

12:00 - 1:00 Lunch

1:00 – 3:00 Strategy for next round (September) of proposals (discussion)

3:00 – 3:15 break

3:00 – 5:30 Collaboration issues: open discussion. (membership,
authorship, rules and procedures, ideas for SN fun names, general
issues, whatever…)

Sun July 14 Possible Working groups
* NICMOS data analysis – how to proceed
* ground IR analyses (ISAAC, NIRI)
* spectroscopy working group (continued)

SCP Collaboration Meeting, 7/11-14, 2002

non-local Participants

Name Arrival Date Departure Date Hotel Preference
Shane Burns 7/11 7/15 Shattuck
Chris Lidman 7/11 7/14 Durant
Ariel Goobar 7/10 7/14 Shattuck
Gaston Folatelli 7/10 7/14 Shattuck
Rahman Amanullah 7/7 7/15 Shattuck
Gabriele Garavini 7/7 7/15 Shattuck
Serena Nobili 7/7 7/15 Shattuck
Rob Knop 7/9 7/16 Parents' house
Eric Smith (Vanderbilt) 7/10 7/17 Shattuck
Rene Ortman (Vanderbilt) 7/10 7/17 Shattuck
Reynald Pain 7/8 7/15 French
D. Vincent (SNAP) 7/8 7/15 French
Julien Raux 7/9 7/14 Shattuck
Gregory Sainton 7/9 7/14 Shattuck
Mark Sullivan 7/11 7/16 Shattuck

Tony Spadafora                                ALSpadafora@lbl.gov
Physics Division                              Tel: (510) 495-2316
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab                FAX: (510) 486-6738
1 Cyclotron Road BLDG 50R5032
Berkeley, CA 94720-8160