Re: WIYN List for May 31 (updated -- version 2.0)

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 14:32:01 PDT

> My comments on the WIYN SNe are below. I think T02-029 is at too low a
> redshift to be useful.

I would disagree with that-- it's useful! It's at a hole in the hubble
diagram, since we don't have much there. Not a lot of leverage, but on
the other hand, wouldn't we all be surprised if we got a lot of z=0.2
SNe and none of them fit where they were supposed to?

However, we should probably do V rather than I on it.... Previous
observations were done pre-spectrum, so we didn't know the redshift.
Most of the lightcurve is in R (approximately rest V), so we definitely
want to get more R.

-Rob