Re: VLT - plan for tonight

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 15:45:47 PDT

    > The permission to use FORS2 time to FORS1 time has not come through, so we have
    > no option other than to use the remaining FORS1 time tonight, which according to
    > my calculations is 50 minutes.
    >
    > The plan is to spend this time on C02-013 (Isntix).

    Is there any hope of getting that permission and having another chance
    at spectra later?

    The only reason I ask is that we've confirmed (if memory serves) only
    one of the "end of night" candidates which we would follow from the
    ground. It would be nice to get confirmations and redshifts of more of
    those at some point. It looks like Keck is going to be a completely
    washout; there is hope for Gemini in coming days.

    I need to verify if we really only have confirmed one end-of-night
    candidate; could somebody please let me know if that's the case? (I'm
    in the middle of about four things and am nervous about losing my stack
    if I pick up another task.)

    -Rob