Re: Night report, Keck night 1 & plan for tomorrow

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 20:50:45 PDT

    > In any case we need more discussions for observational parameters
    > before Subaru next runs (fall big project) including standard star
    > observations. Since many targets are included in the big project,
    > we need enough time to negotiate with others Japanese people.

    Yes, definitely.

    We can discuss the dithers; I think that we're fine with them. The
    reason they caused us a lot of work this time was just that we had
    always worked with smaller dithers, so our search procedure implicitly
    assumed it and worked chip-by-chip. There are issues with bigger
    dithers-- the geometric transformation stuff, mostly-- but we can
    certainly work with it if the rest of the players inthe Big Project need
    those dithers.

    We should also figure out a standard star strategy. Even if the Subaru
    system isn't yet in place, we need some sort of approximation to use.

    All of this we can start talking about in July!

    -Rob