Re: SDFe candidates from Tokyo

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 03:11:09 PDT

    Thank you, Naoki -- that was fast work. We'll look through this list
    and add them into our priorities for tonight (if the weather ever clears
    up!) and tomorrow. Ideally, we will be able to find them in the
    subtractions Rob is still working on, but if not, then we'll ask you for
    the FITS image finding charts.

    Rob, As I said I would in the earlier email, I asked Naoki if he could
    help, and it looks like he has managed to do it much faster than Mamoru
    thought he could. (Mamoru answered my email saying that Naoki wouldn't
    be able to start on SDFe until he got to his computers on Monday Tokyo
    time at the earliest.) Anyway, hopefully between the Tokyo and
    Nashville/Berkeley scans we will get some more targets in the I_cousins
    = 23.7 -- 24.7 range for HST.

    attached mail follows:

    Actually, the reason I was asking about the SDFe field, is that Naoki has
    *not* done this field -- this was supposed to be our job. I'll see if I can
    get him, and ask if he can do it, but we should do the best we can on it
    since he certainly won't have any results before tonight's Keck run. I'll
    also try to reach Tony and Gerson to see what they know -- or can do now.