A change in tonight's VLT program (as of last discussion with Chris)

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 17:30:25 PDT

    Update for everybody---
        Chris and I spoke on the phone and agreed that since the weather is
    currently not looking great in Hawaii, we want to save our 6 hourse of
    VLT/FORS1 time for targets that might be good for the HST. Chris says
    that at I ~ 24 mag, we need about 2 hours per object on FORS1, so we can
    only do 3 candidates there.

        As of now, only T02-015 looks like an HST candidate (i.e. I_cousins
    ~ 24th mag) that we all feel pretty sure about. If anybody else has a
    strong suggestion for other favorite HST candidates, let us know, and
    once we have a quick consensus we'll add it to Chris' VLT/FORS1 request
    list. We don't have to do this tonight, since Chris thinks the
    weather looks likely to be good for the next 4 nights, but obviously the
    sooner we put them on the list the more likely we'll get them while the
    weather is good.

    --Saul