Re: updates from Mauna Kea??

From: Mamoru Doi (doi@ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 02:53:23 PDT

    Hi Greg,

    Kazu Shimasaku just sent me an e-mail, and he basically
    finished SDFw.

    The images after cirrus went out (according to Kazu)
    were about 52 min exposures in total.

    5 min x 8 = 40 min
    6 min x 2 = 12 min
    15sec x 1
    38sec x 1 (happened to be taken due to the telescope control failure)
    (There are some more data, 5min x 1 with cirrus and 5min x 3 with clouds.)

    The seeing was 0.5-0.7 arcsec, pretty good.

    As a whole, we believe this data set is better than the Suprime-Cam
    March reference images of SS1-SS4.

    Naoki will send these data to LBL.

    So we now have two fields, SDF and SDFw, which will be probably
    enough for a SN at z~1.2.

    They will observe SDFe tomorrow night.

    -Mamoru

    Mamoru Doi