Plan for tonight, as of now

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 15:23:36 PDT

    Hi Chris,
        OK, here is what Julien and I have come up with. (I'm being a
    little vague on the exact amount of exposure time for each, because you
    probably know better what is appropriate for these magnitudes when you
    know the seeing conditions and the time budget for tonight.)

    1. Highest priority tonight: C02-013/Isntx
            This should less than 1 hour total exposure time (it could
    probably even be 45 minutes).
            It is around I = 23.9 mag now, we think, on a 22.4 mag host.
            Julien is trying to help check the correct slit position angle
    to go through the host galaxy center and SN candidate.

    2. Second priority tonight: C02-015/Alambix
            This should be at least 1 hour total exposure time.
            It is around I = 24.5 mag now, we think, and without any host
    right underneath.
            Slit position angle could go through either neighboring big
    galaxy (see "Zoom")

    3. Lowest priority tonight: C02-016/VotezChirax
            This could probably be done in 15 minutes (or less!).
            It is around I = 22.5 now, on a 24.3 mag host.
            (Julien is checking to see if we got any useful data on it in
    the bad-seeing data from last night.)
    As mentioned in previous email, this would be much lower priority for
    this current 3-night run since we can get it later after the HST
    deadline and it's much too bright for an HST candidate.

    Julien is now doing final checks on the finding charts for these
    candidates, but they should all be there on the web now. We'll let you
    know of any final further news on these, but otherwise this should be
    the plan for tonight.

            Regards, --Saul