Re: CTIO search

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 07:38:02 PDT

    > The RA~10-11 fields set too early, you woldn't make to the end
    > of the lightcurve. You could do 2 more SNe in a RA~16
    > field.

    Re: the RA~10-11 fields, on May 31 at WIYN they are at airmass 1.4 at
    the end of twilight, and have an hour before the breach airmass 2.0.
    Not ideal, certainly, but you can still grab the lightcurve point
    there, which may be enough to get a stretch (although again it would be
    nice if there were more data earlier in May!). This would have to be a
    z<=0.5 supernova; it would really be pushing out out at z=0.7. This
    would also be an R-band exposure, in which case 1 hour may be more than
    is strictly necessary at z=0.5.

    -Rob