CFHT march/april R & I data

From: Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 09:56:48 PDT

    Hi Julien, Reynald and Pierre,
    at the teleconference yesterday we concluded that a likely
    scenario for next week is to do cross-telescope subtractions
    CTIO-CFHT both in R and I. Rob therefore needs immediate
    access to the CFHT references, primarily the april data.
    Please, contact him urgentely, if you haven't done so already.

    At the same time, I'd like to insist on the benefit of having
    both the R and I subtractions for the upcoming search.
    Are you guys ready to add that info in the discovery tiles?

    I added a figure 'R-I color for SNIa's vs z' in our Stockholm webpage
    (http://www.physto.se/~snova/private/2002Arun/2002Arun.html)
    that shows the R-I at the discovery epoch and the sharp correlation
    with redshift, differing by about 1 mag between z=0.5 and z=1.

    Cheers,
    Ariel

    Ariel Goobar (ariel@physto.se)
    FYSIKUM, Stockholm University
    Stockholm Center for Physics, Astronomy & Biotechnology
    tel: +46 8 55378659