Spectra

From: Andy Howell (DAHowell@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 17:09:46 PDT

    SCPers,
    I have looked at several of the SNe from the search. The data and my
    thoughts can be found on the spectroscopy web page:
    http://panisse.lbl.gov/collab/data/spec/

    I am still running my program and making plots for many of the
    supernovae, but I have looked at the SNe that we sent to ACS:

    In short I conclude that S02-002 and S02-032 are likely Ia's in the
    z=1.1 range.
    S02-049 is likely a Ia at z=0.88. So my fancy
    galaxy-subtraction-template-fitting analysis agrees with the observers'
    reactions at the telescope. Everyone that looked at the spectra did a
    great job and has great intuition about what these are.

    None of these type determinations are certain, however, due to the low
    S/N of the spectra.

    Also, C02-006 may be a Ic or a Ia. Both are equally likeley -- see the
    fits.

    Take a look at the comparison plots and more words on the web page. Let
    me know if you have anything to add. More will appear there soon.

    -Andy