CTIO dissapointing night

From: Robert A. Knop Jr. (robert.a.knop@vanderbilt.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 00:55:38 PDT

    We were open for about 3 hours at the begining of th enight. We lost
    about 1/2 hour to a power glitch which took down a bunch of computers.
    We then observed with very bad seeing. We got a few exposures into the
    "deep" field (at seeings as bad as 2"), before the fog came in and we
    closed. 1.5 hours before the end of the night we're admitting defeat
    and giving up for tonight.

    We just have to hope this fog goes away and that somehow we manage to
    get clear and steady nights over the next two days. Otherwise, this
    CTIO search is going to be rather displeasant....

    -Rob