keck priority updates

From: Alex Conley (aconley@panisse.lbl.gov)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 20:12:39 PDT

    Here's an update on the candidate priorities from today's scanning:

    Very little additional was found. There are two perhaps worthy
    objects

    name Mag Ap.Sig
    S02-043 24.94 5.15
    S02-044 23.84 13.69

    S02-043 may be a good deep candidate -- unfortunately, I have been
    totally unsuccessful at making a finding chart for it. I will continue
    struggling to try and get it to work. I think Rob may also be working
    on the problem.

    S02-044 is a high quality object, but is probably brighter than we
    are looking for. This is the final object the Japanese found on SS2.

    We rescanned some of the fields today. Everything that was reconfirmed
    should have an additional tile plot (and possibly another finding
    chart) on the finding chart page

    http://panisse.lbl.gov/followup/charts/spring_2002

    Unfortunately, I can't speak as to how much effort was put into
    reconfirming anything that doesn't have an additional tile plot. The
    pre-existing candidate function of the scanning software isn't working,
    so it takes a bit of effort to try and do. Basically, I'm saying not
    to take the absence of reconfirmation in a new subtraction as meaning
    the candidate was not found. Nobody came in and said they looked for
    something and couldn't find it. If anything like this is brought to
    my attention, my response will be to deprioritize the object in sntrak.

    The SS1 fields are coming in right now. When I'm done playing with
    finder charts I will try to scan them. Right now I'm the only available
    scanner.

    We rescanned SS4 today, and only found 1 of the 4 things the subaru people
    found. The quality of the reference was particularly ratty in this field,
    so I wouldn't put much stock in any of their objects from SS4 (except
    S02-032, which is actually a decent looking object.

    So - field by field

    SS1 -- hasn't been scanned
    SS2 -- we have found everything the Japanese did -- and more!
    SS3 -- we found everything the Japanese did -- and more!
    SS4 -- we only found 1 of the 4 things the Japanese did, and the
       subtractions look pretty bad.

    Alex