VLT plan for tonight

From: Saul Perlmutter (saul@lbl.gov)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 21:11:03 PDT

Tonight's VLT targets (going for our two z=0.85 SNe that we're supposed
to get for HST):

s02-037
s02-027
s02-035

We will go for almost an hour on each tonight, as a screening, and then
if necessary go for a longer exposure tomorrow night at Keck.

Chris' screening of last night's candidates suggested that we shouldn't
go longer on any of them, either because the spectrum is already likely
to be good enough (once it has been flux-calibrated) or because it is
unlikely that VLT can get the signal (for example, the case with a
galaxy line near 9000 A).