VLT

From: clidman@eso.org
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 06:13:02 PDT

Dear Colleagues,
   Paranal has opened for the night. The conditions appear to be slightly worse
tonight and there is a danger that the telescopes will not be able to point to the
North because of the wind.

   The current plan is to spend two hours on S02-001, which was started last night.
A galaxy near the candidate has an emission line at 9033 Angstroms, which may be
OII. If the is the case, then the host could be at z~1.42. If the candidate is at such a
high redshift, then it may be that we will not get much S/N, but I think it is worth trying.

   I need to submit the OBs for tonight very soon. Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers, Chris.