Subaru Observations 4/10

From: Mamoru Doi (mdoi@subaru.naoj.org)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 08:42:06 PDT

Hi,

Last night was one of the best night which the Suprime-Cam
has had after the first light. The sky was clear through
the night, and the seeing was about 0.5-0.6arcsec for the
fist half, and was getting better to be 0.42-0.55 arcsec.
One of 6min exposures for SS3 was a record in the best
seeing for scientific exposures. There were very little
troubles through the night.

4/10
clear sky, good seeing, very few troubles, little winds
19:30 standard i',Rc
20:40 SDFn2 Rc 8minx5 0.55-0.60arcsec
21:30 SDFn3 Rc 8minx5 0.55-0.60arcsec
22:20 foucs test
22:40 SDFw i' 6minx(9+1) 0.5-0.6arcsec
24:00 SS4 i' 6minx11 0.45-0.55arcsec
25:40 SS3 i' 6minx11 0.42-0.50arcsec
27:00 SS2 i' 6minx4 0.45-0.55arcsec
27:40 1520 i' 6minx10 0.45-0.55arcsec
29:00 SS1 i' 2minx1 0.55arcsec
29:05 standard stars

Now we have much better data for SS3,4(and some for SS2),
and data sets for zero point. Also we will be able to
do SN search in two SDF franking fields (SDFe and SDFw)
in May 7/8.

We will go down to Halepohaku soon.

Cheers,

-Mamoru and Nobunari