Subaru Suprime-Cam search

From: Mamoru Doi (mdoi@subaru.naoj.org)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 04:24:14 PDT

Hello,

The below is the basic plan for Subaru Suprime-Cam
imaging on Apr.8 and on Apr.10 (for perfect weather).

April 8
SS1-SS4 i 6minx9
SDFe i 6minx9 (East of SDF)
SDFw i 6minx9 (West of SDF)
standard stars
SDF U

April 10
SS1-SS3 z 5minx9
SDFn R 8minx15 (North of SDF)
standard stars
SDF U

(x9 might be x8 or x10, depending on the condition.)

Minimum goal is to take i-band images of SS1-SS4.
SDFe and SDFw are for reference images to do search
in May at SDF area. SDFn is for the telescope time
trade with Kazu Shimasaku. We decided to take SDF
U-band images while the airmass of SS and SDF are
large, since Kazu Shimasaku and some other
people in Subaru big projects strongly request this.

We expect limiting magnitude of SS1-4 to be
i_AB~25.4(subtracted, S/N=10). I made a mistake when
I convert this magnitude to Ic(Vega) before and told
some of you.

For blue objects, we expect i'-Ic ~ 0.5, and
the limiting magnitude will be Ic=24.9 (subtracted, S/N=10).
(I used Ic(AB) before for which I got i'-Ic_AB ~ 0.1.)
If the condition (transparency, seeing) is better than
before, we can go slightly deeper than Ic=24.9.

Mamoru Doi will be at the summit to carry out the
observations. Naoki Yasuda and Yuji Urata will be
at the Hilo base (they will tell you their phone
number tomorrow) for reduction/analysis. They hope they
will get the quick reduction done by early afternoon
of Apr.9. We will ftp the images to Berkeley and
will post the e-mail with information of candidates
to Michael and to deepnews.

Cheers,

-Mamoru

Mamoru Doi